All residents have 24-hour access to the beautiful St. John’s Catholic Chapel attached to Newman Hall.
Get high bandwidth Wifi and wired ethernet networks, including a 1-gig dedicated peering connection to all University academic resources.
Stay clean with weekly housekeeping including clean linen exchange service.
Large on-site laundry facility offers plenty of washers and dryers, plus reloadable electronic laundry cards and comfortable couches and TVs.
Free linen service ensures you always have clean sheets!
With the Newman Hall Linen Exchange Service, our Housekeeping staff will leave you with a fresh set of sheets (fitted and flat) every other week during your regular weekly housekeeping visit. Simply remove the used fitted and flat sheets from your bed and leave them for the housekeepers. Need a fresh set before your housekeeping schedule? Simply exchange them at the Hall Office!
The Newman Hall Linen Exchange program is an opt-out program. All beds will be dressed with your fitted and flat sheet (and a waterproof mattress cover) upon move in.
- To use the Linen Exchange program, simply leave the linens on the bed and add your blankets, pillow cases, mattress pad, or other bedding.
- To opt out of the Linen Exchange program, remove the Newman Hall sheets from your bed and deposit in the bins located on your floor. Change your mind later? Residents may enroll in the Linen Exchange service at any time by visiting the Hall Office.
Don’t sweat it. All rooms at Newman Hall are fully air-conditioned.
Watch all your favorite shows with free DirecTV satellite service in every room
Finish those last-minute projects and papers in Newman’s fully-equipped 24-hour computer lab.
Get 500 free prints each semester (paper included). Color printing is available at the Hall Office for $0.30/page.
To print at the Newman Hall PaperCut printing stations located by the Hall Office and by the Chalmers St. entrance:
- Login to the Newman Hall Resident or Newman Hall Public wifi network
- Begin the PaperCut setup at http://papercut.sjcnc.org:9163/setup.
- When prompted, enter your Newman Hall Computer Lab login and password (given to you at Move-In).
- Once installed, choose "printqueue PaperCut" from your print menu as the printer destination and print your document.
- Go to one of the Print Release Stations located in the Newman Hall Lobby or by the Chalmers St. entrance.
- At the Print Release Station, enter your Newman Computer Lab login and password
- Search for your print job in the queue listed under your username.
- Hit "Print" to send your job to the printer.
Contact IT support at email@example.com or by phone at (217) 352-1582 for assistance with printing at Newman Hall.
Enjoy 24-hour access to treadmills, climbers, ellipticals and cycles plus weight lifting equipment in the on-site fitness center.
For research or studies, Newman’s on-site library is available 24-hours a day and offers thousands of volumes and tons of study spaces.
Quiet study lounges plus group meeting rooms and lounges.
Pool or ping pong tournaments, foosball, and much more in Newman’s game and TV lounges. Plus free movie rentals and sports equipment available at the Hall Office.
Late Plates and To-Go Lunches are available anytime you need them for those busy days when you just can’t get away.
A fully-equipped kitchen offers everything you need to make what you want when you want.
Caffeine to fuel your late-night study sessions with free 24-hour coffee and tea in the Newman Dining Room.
Dine al fresco in the north courtyard, or soak up the sun while studying. Enjoy rooftop concerts, dances, BBQs, and more in the courtyard and the 2N terrace.